On Sat 25.Jun'16 at 13:56:38 +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2016-06-24, C. L. Martinez <carlopm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Have a look at security/xca, else define "better option".
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >
> > For "better option", I am speaking about what could be the best tool or
> > procedure to manage a PKI under OpenBSD.
>
> It really depends on what your reasons are for doing this.
>
> If you're trying to learn about the nitty gritty of generating certs,
> CRLs, revocations, etc, then using the command line tools directly
> aren't a bad idea.
>
> If you're trying to script things but at a higher level than the
> libressl/openssl command line tool, you might want to look at something
> like https://github.com/cloudflare/cfssl.
>
> If you're just trying to manually generate certs for lab machines
> and are happier with something visual xca is pretty good.
>
> Or you can look at the tools which are really made for simplifying vpn
> setup like "ikectl ca" (though the way it's designed, it really only
> makes sense if you generate the private key on a central machine, which
> is a bit non-standard though makes life easier in some cases). Or yes,
> as was already pointed out easy-rsa (though personally I find that more
> complex than easy).
>
> If you're more interested in getting certs than investigating how to
> run pki, something like letsencrypt might work for you.

Many thanks Stuart. I have configured a PKI using openssl tools, and it is
working ok ... Now, I would like to install an oscp instance to check when a
certificate is revoked ... But I have some doubts:

 - When a certificate is revoked, can be removed .csr and .crt files (the
request and signed cert by CA) without problems?
 - I am trying to setup a startup script for oscp using openssl, can be
accomplished this in OpenBSD's way?

Thanks.

--
Greetings,