On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 09:16:15AM +0000, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Once a day, searchd daemon (installed from OpenBSD's packages repository)
> generate a core dump. How can I report this problem? To openbsd-ports mailing
> list??
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Greetings,
> C. L. Martinez

First of all obtain a backtrace from your core dump. You can do this with gdb by
passing in the program binary and the core dump as arguments:
 $ gdb prog prog.core

use the 'bt' command to obtain a backtracce when it's done loading.

You might need to rebuild the package with debug symbols in order to obtain a
useful trace.

Gather as much info as you can:
 - check dmesg for errors
 - did it work before? when did it start to segfault?
 - anything in the logs?
 - what OpenBSD version are you running? (-current?)

Take a look at the backtrace and the info you obtained. Check the upstream
source code, maybe you can fix the error yourself now? If not. Take the
information you gathered and post to ports@ CC'ing the port maintainer. You
should also report the problem upstream to package developers if the problem is
not OpenBSD specific (and it's frequently worth to report even if it is
specific).

Regards,
Adam