You're running on KVM, which probably means you're using virtio.  Have you
set the 0x2 flag on the vio driver?

I experienced hangs on my KVM-hosted OpenBSD VMs until I read the vio(4)
man page:

http://man.openbsd.org/vio.4

"The *vio* driver provides support for the virtio(4)
<http://man.openbsd.org/virtio.4> network interface provided by bhyve, KVM,
QEMU, and VirtualBox.
Setting the bit 0x2 in the flags disables the RingEventIndex feature. This
can be tried as a workaround for possible bugs in host implementations of
*vio* at the cost of slightly reduced performance."

An example of how to do this:

http://blather.michaelwlucas.com/archives/2083

--
andrew fabbro