Von: ML mail
Gesendet: Montag, 25. Juli 2016 12:00
An: Miscellaneous OBSD
Antwort an: ML mail
Betreff: athn0: device timeout with AR9271

Hi,

I installed a USB Wifi card on my OpenBSD 5.8 firewall as AP and from time to
time there are timeouts which prevents any access to it anymore until I either
plug out and in the Wifi dongle again or reboot.

Here is the hardware details of that Wifi USB dongle:

athn0 at uhub1 port 4 configuration 1 interface 0 "ATHEROS USB2.0 WLAN" rev
2.00/1.08 addr 4
athn0: AR9271 rev 1 (1T1R), ROM rev 13, address c4:e9:84:xx:xx:xx

There error is the following (many of these messages are repeated):

athn0: device timeout

My /etc/hostname.athn0 is the following:

inet 172.16.20.1 255.255.255.0
media autoselect
mediaopt hostap
mode 11b
chan 6
nwid <EDITED>
wpakey <EDITED>

So I was wondering what is going on here... Is my Wifi USB dongle crap? or am I
maybe doing something wrong?

Let me know if I should provide any other infos...

Regards
ML