On 08/21/16 17:29, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2016-08-21, STeve Andre' <and...@msu.edu> wrote:
     Does anyone have archives of recent amd64 snapshot packages?

I blew my aug-09 set away and I'd like libreoffice back.  Anyone?

(And yes, I know it's always a gamble to mismatch packages and the OS)

Thanks, STeve Andre'

The last snapshot package built for libreoffice is against old X
libraries so if you run them you get symbol conflicts (old package
wanting libfreetype.so.25.0 but *also* pulling in X libraries linked
against libfreetype.so.26.0).

libreoffice builds from ports are currently failing due to W^X enforcement
("uno.bin(39666): mprotect W^X violation" when running code which is produced
during the build as part of the build).  I'm hoping that the recently
committed change to ports gcc will let us work around this for now (I'll
be testing this shortly) and then once we've got a working build of libreoffice
again it will hopefully be simpler to track down the libreoffice code that
currently needs W+X mappings - we can set kern.wxabort=1 sysctl and
get some kind of coredump.

Thanks Stuart.  I figured that was the general problem.

--STeve Andre'