Does unbound.conf have the following setting?

do-not-query-localhost: no

Unbound will not query the local host without that set to no.

> On Sep 8, 2016, at 5:49 PM, Martin Hanson <greencopperm...@yandex.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since I upgraded to OBSD 6.0 I have had some problems with Unbound and
dnscrypt-proxy.

> Normally I would troubleshoot by using "dig" to request directly to
dnscrypt-proxy, but for some reason (I don't know) the "-p" option has been
removed and it is impossible to use that now.

> Unbound seems unable to forward requests to dnscrypt-proxy which I have
running on port 40 following the guide in the FAQ
(http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/example1.html#dns).

> In my unbound.conf I have the following:
>
> forward-addr: 127.0.0.1@40
>
> Then in my /etc/rc.conf.local I have:
>
> dnscrypt_proxy_flags=-l /var/log/dnscrypt-proxy -R fvz-rec-de-fra-01 -a
127.0.0.1:40
> pkg_scripts="dnscrypt_proxy"
>
> When I do a "dig yahoo.com" I get the following:
>
> ;yahoo.com.                     IN      A
>
> No IP. And a ping also returns:
>
> ping: unknown host: yahoo.com
>
> Of course I have tested other hosts as well, same result.
>
> I am getting no information in the logs.
>
> If I have unbound forward directly to an OpenNIC server all works well again
so the trouble is between unbound and dnscrypt-proxy.

> This used to work flawlessly, but since the "-p" option has been removed
from "dig" it's very difficult to debug dnscrypt-proxy without having PF doing
redirects and what not.