Hello

I updated to the Oct 2 AMD64 snapshot yesterday.
I then updated to the Oct 3 AMD64 snapshot today.

After updating to the Oct 2 snapshot, I noticed that netsnmpd (from packages)
was "failed" on reboot.

I updated all the packages (pkg_add -vui), but had a failure ("bad minor" or
something like that), so then updated to the Oct 3 snapshot today.

# uname -prsv
OpenBSD 6.0 GENERIC.MP#2525 amd64

This time, updating of net-snmp was successful, but "rcctl start netsnmpd" still
returns "failed."

# pkg_info | grep net-snmp
net-snmp-5.7.3p9    extendable SNMP implementation

But,

# rcctl -d start netsnmpd
doing _rc_parse_conf
doing _rc_quirks
netsnmpd_flags empty, using default >-u _netsnmp -I -ipv6<
doing _rc_parse_conf /var/run/rc.d/netsnmpd
doing _rc_quirks
doing rc_check
netsnmpd
doing rc_start
doing _rc_rm_runfile
(failed)

# /usr/local/sbin/snmpd -L e
kvm_openfiles: Operation not permitted
kvm_openfiles: /dev/mem: Operation not permitted

I found openbsd-rcd-EuroBSDcon2016.pdf under
https://www.openbsd.org/events.html, and I added a login class for netsnmpd to
/etc/login.conf
---
netsnmpd:\
:openfiles-cur=512:\
:tc=daemon:
---

I didn't think this login.conf change would make a difference, but I did not
think it would hurt either.

I have added "wxallowed" to /usr/local in fstab.

I have no idea what the "kvm_openfiles" errors mean; let alone how to address
it/them.

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed.

Thanks
Ted