On Sat, Oct 08, 2016 at 09:41:41AM -0400, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> "soko.tica" <soko.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Predrag,
> >
> > I am not sure that I am getting your question right, but for starting ssh
> > agent on my lap, I simply uncomment (or create?) the following in my
> > .xinitrc
>
> You are not. I am not running X so I am not using .xinitrc. I am ssh-ing
> to the headless server and I want to run ssh-agent automatically on that
> remote server. I think I need similar script in my .profile.

I use this snipped in a similar setup:

pgrep -u $USER ssh-agent >/dev/null || ssh-agent -t 28800 > ~/.ssh-agent.out
eval $( cat ~/.ssh-agent.out ) >/dev/null
ssh-add -l | grep "The agent has no identities." >/dev/null && ssh-add

Tha last line could be removed if you have an up-to-date ssh client that
supports "AddKeysToAgent yes"

Remi