On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 06:04:55PM +0200, physkets wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'd asked a related question on the OpenBSD subreddit, and someone
> pointed me here. Hope this is appropriate.
> https://www.reddit.com/r/openbsd/comments/56lzhu/which_wifi_card_to_make_an_access_point
>
> Does anyone know how good a WiFi Access Point I could make of the
> Atheros AR9280 card (Compex-wle200nx) offered by the guys at PC Engines:
> http://www.pcengines.ch/wle200nx.htm
>
> Thanks a lot!

Works for me but data rates are usually capped at about 18Mbit/s.

Throughput depends on your environment, e.g. other APs on neighbouring channels.
Neighboring 11n APs tend to compete strongly and steal a lot of bandwidth.
11a mode tends to perform better than 11g because there is usually less
competition for air time.