On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 14:38:00 +0300
Gregory Edigarov <ediga...@qarea.com> wrote:

> On 14.10.16 22:48, Raul Miller wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:50 PM, thrph.i...@gmail.com
> > <thrph.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> " The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in
> >> a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed
> >> guards - and even then I have my doubts."
> > Powered off works surprisingly well for some other operating
> > systems.
> well, not any more, in the presence of Intel AMT...

It's not just Intel either:
https://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/security
Catering to low-level laziness at the expense of everyone who dares use
these chips.

There appears to be a niche market possibly emerging in Russia as
a result of this kind of thing.
http://russia-insider.com/en/technology/russias-next-generation-elbrus-8c-chips-be-ready-2016/ri7551
https://meduza.io/en/feature/2015/06/02/when-there-s-no-shame-in-made-in-russia

Disclaimer: do not ignore the possibility of Russian backdoors. Still,
it would be nice if they would ship it worldwide, we may even have
OpenBSD/elbrus.