On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Stefan Sperling <s...@stsp.name> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 09:17:38PM +0200, George Pediaditis wrote:
>> hello
>> Im having trouble with wifi. I cant download faster than 523.94kBit/s
>> Im using the iwm0 driver.
>
> Please try -current. This problem should be fixed there.

I've observed the same problem on a Thinkpad X250, which also uses the
iwm0 driver. Running 6.0, src.tar.gz took around 15 minutes to
download from the mirror at MIT (I tried this several times over a few
days with similar results). Running Archlinux on the same machine,
downloading the same file from the same site took about 30 seconds. I
tried installing -current but ran into some package version skew
issues. Needing the machine, I had no choice but to install Linux
(FreeBSD doesn't seem to know about iwm yet). After waiting a bit, I
will again try installing -current on a USB drive to see if the
package problems have been resolved.