On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 03:10:10PM -0600, Joe Crivello wrote:
> Does anyone out there on the list have experience with the Intel Q170
> chipset on OpenBSD 6.0?
>
> We are looking into using the Logic Supply Nuvo 5000LP (
> http://www.logicsupply.com/nuvo-5000lp/#specs) as a high performance router
> in some challenging environmental conditions. It would use an Intel Q170
> chipset with an Intel i7-6700TE CPU and I210 and I219 GbE controllers.
>
> Thanks in advance for any responses...

I am not currently using the Q170 chipset but am ordering a Supermicro
board with the same chipset shortly here. That's the business oriented
Skylake chipset. I can also confirm that the Intel i210 and i219
Ethernet controllers work just fine. The i219 is on my ThinkPad X260 and
most other Skylake boards and the i210 is working fine on multiple
server boards I have. The Core i7 6700TE is a low power (35W TDP) and
embedded variant which should also work just fine. You will not be using
X I presume so lack of inteldrm(4) for Skylake will not make any
difference. Even if you did, efifb(4) (via UEFI booting) and wsfb(4)
would work fine.

That system looks quite interesting and should work nicely.

Bryan