On 2016-11-30, C. L. Martinez <carlopm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I would like to install OpenBSD on a HP Microserver Gen8 to act as a
> firewall and hostap. I am searching what components I need and I have a doubt
> about what wireless interface I need to buy to use it as a hostap under
> OpenBSD.
>
>  I have found only these:
>
>  - Asus PCE-AC88 Wireless 5GHz PCI-E AC3100
>  - Asus PCE-AC68 PCI-E WiFi Dual-Band AC1900
>
>  Searching in ASUS's web, I didn't find any info about what chip use these
> adapters. Are they supported under OpenBSD? Do you recommend any other
> wireless adpater (PCI-e)?? Throughput needs to be 300 Mbps, at least.
>
> Thanks.

If you really want to use hostap and are having trouble finding a
supported pcie card, it might be easier to find a supported athn or
ral minipcie card and a pcie carrier, this sort of thing:

http://www.banggood.com/Mini-WiFi-Wan-802_11n-PCI-e-to-PCI-e-Wireless-Expansion-Card-Adapter-Convertor-p-1013592.html
https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcingmap-Express-Wireless-Adapter-Antenna/dp/B0057UPNBE

Personally I'd use a dedicated AP instead and hang it on a separate
nic or vlan off an OpenBSD firewall.