On 06/12/16(Tue) 13:48, Rafał Błaszczyk wrote:
> At first I would like to say hello and greet everyone as this is my first
> post here.
>
> I am having strange issues with one of the CARP interfaces.
>
> I have two OpenBSD boxes (fw1, fw2) running as HA firewalls with CARP
> interfaces in each VLAN.
>
> Both boxes are running on two Linux KVM (Proxmox 4.2) hosts.
>
> One of CARP interfaces stopped responding on ARP requests on CARP IP - it's
> carp1
>
> running on physical dev vio1 which is also running pfsync on top.
>
> It's weird because the rest of carp interfaces behave correctly.
>
> # ifconfig carp1
> carp1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>         lladdr 00:00:5e:00:01:37
>         index 18 priority 15 llprio 3
>         carp: MASTER carpdev vio1 vhid 55 advbase 1 advskew 0
>         groups: carp
>         status: master
>         inet 10.24.5.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.24.5.255
>
> I've checked arp table on two boxes and there is no entry for carp1.

That's the problem.  We'll have to figure out where does it come from.

Could you share your routing table?  Doing "# netstat -rnf inet"

How does your /etc/hostname.carp1 look like?

Do you see an error when running "# sh /etc/netstart carp1" ?

If you grep for 'arp' in /var/log/messages do you get anything?