Hi,

I've committed today a driver for the Xen paravirtualized disk
interface also known as Blkfront.  Despite being pretty stable
for me so far, it's not enabled by default at the moment.
Therefore I'm looking for additional tests on different Xen
versions and EC2 instances to ensure robustness and performance
of the software.

To enable the driver, uncomment the xbf line in the kernel
config file (/sys/arch/amd64/conf/GENERIC) and re-configure and
re-build the kernel.  The system will automatically switch all
available wd* disks to sd* but, unless you have opted out of
using disklabel UIDs in the /etc/fstab, there's no configuration
tweaking required.

Please report successes and failures.  In case of a reproducible
issue, please enable the XEN_DEBUG define in /sys/dev/pv/xenvar.h,
rebuild you kernel and send me relevant lines from the log (copied
from the console or /var/log/messages).

Cheers,
Mike