What are the "best practices" file and directory permissions within
the /usr/{src,xenocara,ports} trees in the context of anonymous-cvs
updating?

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#wsrc  suggests that the top-level
directories /usr/{xenocara,ports} should be mode 775, but doesn't say
what permissions subdirectories and individual files should have.  The
current  {src,sys,ports,xenocara}.tar.gz  tarballs on my local mirror
show files/directories being modes 644 and 755 respectively (both owned
by deraadt/wheel in the tarball).  Unpacking these as a non-root user
(in the wsrc group) as suggested by http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html
will leave permissions which depend on that user's umask.

Is the current "best practice" to create a separate user for source-tree
cvs operations, or do do it as "myself" (already in wsrc, wheel, operator,
and various other groups)?

Alternatively, is there a Fine Manual I've overlooked which documents
this?

Thanks, ciao,

--
-- "Jonathan Thornburg [remove -animal to reply]"
<jth...@astro.indiana-zebra.edu>