On 2017-01-23, Tinker <ti...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> On 2017-01-23 23:36, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> On 2017-01-23, Андрей Болконский <andrey0bolkon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> when you done migration to clang compiler on openbsd base system amd64
>>> (and
>>> i386)?
>>
>> When it's ready.
>
> Ah. So.. support for compiling all the default distro with both gcc and
> clang, for all platforms, is in the works?

I'm not working on it myself (though I'll probably help in ports-land),
but I doubt that there's any plan to compile any particular platform with
_both_. That never happened when we've had a choice of compilers before.

> Did arm64 spark this because the clang was better suited for arm64 for
> some reason, if so which?

GCC started supporting aarch64 in 4.8 (a GPLv3 version), so the GPLv2-
licensed version of GCC in base was a non-starter.