2006/1/15, Ramiro Aceves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> >>When yesterday I tried another mirror, changing CVROOT env variable, I
> >>asumed that "cvs up -Pd" will pick the new mirror. But it picks instead
> >>the mirror that is on the /usr/src/CVS directory, so in order to use the
> >>new mirror, I needed to use the -d$CVROOT parameter.
> >

> > Alternatively you can change CVS/Root in each directory:
> >
> > find . -name Root -exec perl -i -pe
> > 's,.*,[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs,' {} \;
> >
> > --
>
> Thank you Gerardo for the tip!

I'm not happy with spawning perl each time a file is found, though.
That looks more like a job for sed, not perl.

I recalled there was a patch for sed to add in-place editing and
wondered what happened to it. I thought it was commited.

I just found the thread:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech&m=112831218022633&w=2

I hope it can be reconsidered.

--
Gerardo Santana
"Between individuals, as between nations, respect for the rights of