I have a disk which used to be boot disk of a degraded RAID 1 (softraid).
The second disk is totally gone.

I don't want to use this disk as RAID 1 disk anymore, just to get data
from it.

I'm asking because when I plugged the disk, bioctl said 'not enough disks'.

Do we really have to necessary require two disks when attaching already existing
degraded RAID 1 with only one disk available?

(I find it generally pretty sad we can't define RAID 1 with only disk. I could
imagine constructing RAID 1 with one disk as useful feature, eg. migration from
non-mirrored boot disk to RAID 1 boot disks which attaching just new additional
disk. At least we used to do this on RHEL.)

My current workaround is running a VM under qemu and accessing this disk
as raw device. Surprisingly this works fine in comparision with previous
attaching with bioctl.

kern.version=OpenBSD 6.0-current (GENERIC.MP) #117: Sat Jan  7 09:10:45 MST 2017

j.