Hi,

I got telekom's VDSL yesterday and I have an IPTV settopbox.  Yesterday
I was trying to get it to work with igmpproxy but it didn't work.  the
IPTV box spoke igmp v3 which was ignored by igmpproxy and I suspect
that's what the problem was.

I tried working with mrouted then and it didn't work for me.  So then I
compiled pimd 2.3.2 which claims to have igmp v3 support and it bails
with a protocol not available error message (42) here is a snippet of
the ktrace:

 82717 pimd     CALL  setsockopt(3,0<ip>,107,0x7f7ffffeca2c,4)
 82717 pimd     RET   setsockopt -1 errno 42 Protocol not available
 82717 pimd     CALL  gettimeofday(0x7f7ffffec840,0)
 82717 pimd     STRU  struct timeval { 1487066080<"Feb 14 10:54:40
2017">.554465 }
 82717 pimd     RET   gettimeofday 0
 82717 pimd     CALL  write(2,0xf6e20616000,0x2e)
 82717 pimd     GIO   fd 2 wrote 46 bytes
       "10:54:40.554 Cannot set PIM flag in kernel: m
       "

It then bails.  So I looked into what 107 is... it is MRT_ASSERT found
in /usr/include/netinet/ip_mroute.h.

So after looking at the kernel I noticed it is #ifdef'ed out to give
that answer.  I then recompiled the kernel with "option PIM" so that the
kernel compiles with -DPIM, but somehow I don't think it held since when
I do this it shows nothing:

# nm /bsd | grep pim_
#

So the pim_ routines are not even there despite the option PIM.

My question then is what am I missing.  If you have some insights in
this it would be appreciated.

I'm kinda desperate to get igmp v3 support since I want my settop box to
work so that I can sit down and relax over a movie somedays.

OH yeah I'm working off -current sources and snapshot system from feb
14th.  :-(

Regards,

-peter