On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 07:20:54PM -0500, mitchell wodach wrote:
> I am having trouble getting my src tree updated. When I  try running
> cvs the following output is produced:
> $ cd /usr/src
> $ cvs -q up -Pd
>
> cvs server: WARNING: Read-only repository access mode selected via `cvs -R'.
> Using this option to access a repository which some users write to may
> cause intermittent sandbox corruption.
> P etc/acme-client.conf
> cvs [update aborted]: cannot open directory
> /cvs/src/gnu/llvm/utils/lit/tests/Inputs/exec-discovery-in-tree/obj:
> No such file or directory
>
> but the directory indeed exists:
>
> $ ls gnu/llvm/utils/lit/tests/Inputs/exec-discovery-in-tree/
> CVS           lit.cfg       obj           test-one.txt
>

> So I don't know what I did wrong or whats going on.

As the obj directory should not have been imported it was manually
removed in the repository.

Remove the directory
gnu/llvm/utils/lit/tests/Inputs/exec-discovery-in-tree/
and cvs up again.

This is due to
gnu/llvm/utils/lit/tests/Inputs/exec-discovery-in-tree/CVS/Entries
still having a reference to the obj directory.