Hi,

I have a question about the recommended settings for /etc/malloc.conf. I'm currently using JUC on my i386 laptop, just to see how the old beast handles it. I hadn't noticed any significant performance issues though it did crash Chromium because it was using memory it had just freed. On my amd64 desktop I am just using J as I was working on some assignments and I didn't want to try anything too risky until I had completed the assignments.

What are some recommended settings for /etc/malloc.conf in given scenarios such as general use desktop, or an internet facing webserver?

Thanks.

--
W. Steven Schneider  <w.steven.schnei...@ualberta.net>