My new wifi adapter finally arrived today (AR9271) so I want to give hostap a
try with its new 802.11n support.  Unfortunately, all the examples I’ve
found center around creating a router/AP when all I want to make is an AP - as
in, no DHCP or routing.  I just want to bridge my wired network to the
wireless one.  I want all DHCP requests from wireless devices to get passed to
my router so it assigns the address (192.168.77.x).

My interfaces are configured like this:

    /etc/hostname.re0
dhcp

    /ets/hostname.athn0
media autoselect mode 11n media opt host ap chan 1
nwid testytesterson
wpakey testingx
inet 192.168.77.253 255.255.255.0

    /etc/hostname.bridge0
add athn0
add re0
up

A client laptop (running linux mint) sees the access point but will not
connect to it.

Am I on the right track?  Should a bridge be adequate or do I need to
configure pf to route between the interfaces?
Perhaps the configs for a simple AP-only setup would be a good example for the
faq.

Thanks
Jordon