Tue, 11 Apr 2017 15:31:57 -0500 "Adam Thompson" <athom...@athompso.net>
> > > Plus, this year it appears that Peter is co-delivering the seminar
> > > with Massimiliano Stucchi from RIPE, so it will presumably cover
> > > a lot of IPv6 topics as well, which are poorly represented in
> > > existing materials and yet increasingly relevant.
> > >
> > Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:30:35 +1000 <bytevolc...@safe-mail.net>
> > And for those of us who cannot attend, hopefully it will be on
> > video.
>
> I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's unlikely.  The tutorials
> are not typically recorded.

Hi Adam, bytevolcano, misc@,

This is very sad to hear, everyone loves these sessions and always asks.

If you can not attend, if you're poor (or from an underdeveloped region)
if you're an enthusiast without company / employment sponsorship, or any
other sort of financial coverage for the expenses, you're left cold out.

As an example of what to expect you can see some old tutorial recordings
from the 2014 EuroBSDcon held in Sofia, Bulgaria.  These are invaluable:

https://va.ludost.net/files/eurobsdcon/2014/Pirin/01.Thursday/
https://va.ludost.net/files/eurobsdcon/2014/Pirin/02.Friday/

And if the video recordings of BSDCan are not available, or can not have
the tutorial sessions we hope the new https://2017.eurobsdcon.org/ will.

It is the live meetings that make the conferences magical for attendees,
then video recordings are precious for the wider community, and history.

It is most certain the presenters would love to see the sessions online.
When there is a will, there is a way: all other reasons are meaningless.

Congratulations on the OpenBSD 6.1 release, just in time for April 12th,
[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Day_of_Human_Space_Flight].

Kind regards,
Anton Lazarov