On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 12:15:58AM +0200, Christoph R. Murauer wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I installed OpenBSD 6.1-current on a ThinkPad w541 (last 2 dmesgs are
> below) without problems. iwm works without problems and from time to
> time I see the message
>
> cd0(ahci0:5:0): Check Condition (error 0x70) on opcode 0x0
>     SENSE KEY: Not Ready
>
> at the console. I use the drive only to rip audio cds also without
> problems. Do I have to care about the message ?

I don't know how to interpret this message. It definitely has nothing
to do with iwm though.

> During the last 3 upgrades using bsd.rd I got at boot the following
> boot messages
>
> iwm0: could not read firmware iwm-7260-16 (error 2)
> iwm0: failed to load init firmware
>
> and during the upgrade script after mounting the root filesystem

This is a known issue. It seems to trigger mostly in bsd.rd but I
suspect this bug affects GENERIC as well and is somehow masked there.

Since the driver usually recovers on its own (just wait a while until
it gets link) this isn't at the top of my list of things to fix.
It would be very nice to get it fixed, though.