On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 05:45:16PM +0200, Jan Lambertz wrote:
> My process is this:
>
> Install Debian with qemu to a raw disk file
> Boot Debian
> apt install extlinux
> Install extlinux to /Boot
> Create extlinux cfg
> Write extlinux mbr
> Shutdown qemu vm
> Put raw disk into vmd vm
> Boot vmd vm
> Habe fun
>
> All extlinux steps can be found via Google,manpages etc. I can post a
> working config tomorrow when i am back in office

We are working on adding sgabios as an additional payload, so that you can
interact directly with OS install media without having to use qemu to
bootstrap the install process. This, however, missed 6.1.

Then you just boot the install media with the VM disk as a second disk,
and install.

This should arrive in the fairly near-term, hopefully.

-ml