I have everything split apart into two flash drives to get enough
diskspace. I couldn't get bsd.rd to work since not all of the partitions
were mounted. Any reasonable fix good for this problem? I was doing
upgrade to 6.1 from an older 6.1 -current.

Since everything is mounted when system is running manual install worked
fine.

Are there any other solutions?
This is the first time I've split the OBSD partitions across multiple
drives.
I have in the past split things like /home and /usr/local, but they
don't matter during upgrades or a fresh install.

Is there another method to accomplish this or just this way?

How common is it to split things up this way?
IMHO, it doesn't seem quite common enough to merit a note in the FAQ.
Figuring this out myself was educational. And a new install works fine
without any special tricks.

I always run dmesg|head after an upgrade to be sure it worked right.
Glad I did this!

Might that be worth adding to the FAQ? Do that before and then after
upgrade? I know I've grabbed the wrong filesets before!

Happy to have fixed my problem!

Chris Bennett