On 22 April 2017 at 04:22, Edgar Pettijohn <ed...@pettijohn-web.com> wrote:
> On 04/21/17 20:49, Anders Andersson wrote:
>>
>> Now to my problem: I have no connection between vether0<->vether1.
>>
>>      # traceroute -nvq1 10.0.0.3
>>      traceroute to 10.0.0.3 (10.0.0.3), 64 hops max, 40 byte...
>>       1  *
>>       2  *
>>      ^C
>>
>> If I listen with tcpdump on the bridge, I see lots of unanswered arp
>> who-has:
>>
>>      # tcpdump -nti bridge0
>>      tcpdump: listening on bridge0, link-type EN10MB
>>      arp who-has 10.0.0.3 tell 10.0.0.2
>>      arp who-has 10.0.0.3 tell 10.0.0.2
>>      ^C
>

> Never done this, but maybe you need an arp proxy.  Not sure which $iface to
> put it on, but something like:
> # arp -s 10.0.0.2 00:00:00:00:00:02 pub
>
> may or may not help depending on if my understanding of what I read in the
> manual actually does what I think it will.

Thank you for the reply! I tried this, and it *does* help with the ARP
problem. However, it only moves the problem to the next stage.

# ping 10.0.0.3
PING 10.0.0.3 (10.0.0.3): 56 data bytes
^C

# tcpdump -nti vether1
tcpdump: listening on vether1, link-type EN10MB
10.0.0.2 > 10.0.0.3: icmp: echo request
10.0.0.2 > 10.0.0.3: icmp: echo request
10.0.0.2 > 10.0.0.3: icmp: echo request
^C

Now the pings are transmitted, and according to tcpdump, they are