"Jyri Hovila [iki.fi]" <jyri.hov...@iki.fi> writes:

> Exactly. Which is why I'm asking -- not expecting anyone to give a full
> answer. I want to know what people who have been working on this issue
> have already found out. I assume there is at least some basic
> understanding of why browsers are so incredibly sluggish on OpenBSD. Or
> is the clearest picture we have this far simply "because the browsers
> have been coded wrong"?

Something is wrong on your system. What you say does not correspond to
my experience at all.

I use Firefox and Chromium from packages all day every day at work and
have no problems. I don't use Facebook or LinkedIn but I do use Google
Docs, Sheets, Gmail, etc. which are all heavy javascript and they all
work fine.

At home I run on a 10+ year old MacPro1,1 and browser performance is
"acceptable" there also, i.e. similar to what I remember from when the
machine ran MacOS.

Allan