Jan Vlach writes:
> Hello openbsd-misc,
>
> I'm trying to run mupen64plus with Mario Kart 64 rom on OpenBSD
> 6.1-current. mupen64plus dumps core eventually with error in DMESG:

> --
> "error:
> [drm:pid38441:intel_pipe_config_compare] *ERROR* mismatch in
> gmch_pfit.lvds_border_bits (expected 32768, found 0)
> pipe state doesn't match!
> --

I would attribute this to video drivers and your particular video card
(unfortunately). I see no crash with my GM45 or Radeon HD 5450, or
software rendering.

> I've recompiled mupen64plus with debug symbols to provide more useful
> backtrace (Down below), but producing that backtrace crashes gdb, that
> one dumps core too. This backtrace (without debug symbols) is included
> too. Should I recompile gdb too?

The mupen64plus core library is built against the gcc from ports. You
probably need the ports gdb for that.

> What can I do to make this work again?

Setting LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 in your environment will almost
certainly prevent the crash, but it will also make it unplayably slow.

It looks like you're using the default rice plugin. You might want to
try mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2, which is more actively developed by
upstream (although they haven't made it the default for some reason).
The codebase is different, so it may or may not hit the same problem.

--
Anthony J. Bentley