On 2017-05-07, flipchan <flipc...@riseup.net> wrote:

> Hey does anyone know about the porting of openbsd on raspberry pi 1/if
> anyone got it working on raspberry pi 1 ? All I can find info on is that
> can be runned on a raspberry pi 3

It hasn't been ported to pi 1, and is not likely to be. Pi 1 uses BCM2835,
which is an ARMv6 architecture design, this has significant weaknesses
compared to ARMv7 that OpenBSD is targetting.

Pi 2 uses BCM2836 which is an ARMv7 architecture cpu. OpenBSD is targetting
ARMv7 but not the BCM2836 System-on-Chip (SoC).
The current 32-bit arm port of OpenBSD targets ARMv7 systems using the
following SoCs : Allwinner A10/A20, Freescale i.MX6, TI OMAP3/4.

Pi 3 uses BCM2837 (ARMv8). The 64-bit arm port targets ARMv8 including
this SoC amongst others. (currently: Allwinner A64, AMD Opteron A1100,
Broadcom BCM2837, Rockchip RK3399).