Virtualization has its uses though, despite the hype. It is good for
testing different system configurations before deployment, and is also
a good way to save on physical resources for configuring multiple
low-usage services that may require different OS or system config, such
that it is not possible to host these services on the same OS.

Whilst there may be some security benefits to whatever isolation is
provided by virtual machines, the real advantage here is the savings on
physical resources.