I have a problem that when a Windows client tries to connect to this ftp
site, windows explorer returns 'The operation timed out'.

The setup is, windows box behind a openbsd PF (NAT enabled) through the
public internet to another openbsd PF (NAT enabled) which has a rdr rule
to redirect to another openbsd machine behind it running ftpd.

I'm assuming the problem exists on one of the firewalls, or both.. Is
this something that ftp-proxy can fix?

I know the ftp works because I can connect to it form the far end's
openbsd box, just seems that I can't go through two NATs of PFs or
something like that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!