On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 09:52:13 +0000 (UTC)
Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> On 2017-06-18, Marko Cupać <marko.cu...@mimar.rs> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have setup similar to:
> >
> >               R1
> >           bnx0--bnx1
> >            |      |                R3
> > LAN1---carp0     carp1----------em0--em2---LAN2
> >            |      |
> >           bnx0--bnx1
> >               R2
> >
> > How can I run OSPF between R3 and carped R1 and R2? I tried with gre
> > tunnel from carp1 to em0 but it doesn't work well.
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
>
> Try this:
>
> Run ospf on bnx1 on R1/2. You will need separate IP addresses on bnx1
> for each of R1/R2, you can't just use a single address on the carp1
> interface. (iirc you want it like carp1 10.0.0.1/32, r1-bnx1
> 10.0.0.2/24, r2-bnx1 10.0.0.3/24, but it may be /24 on all of them).
>
> For carp0/bnx0 interfaces, run ospf passive on carp0, and the subnet's
> prefix (/24 or whatever) needs to be on carp0.

Hi,

thank you for looking into it. I forgot to mention crucial fact -
there's no direct link between carp1 and em0 - those interfaces have
public IP addresses and communicate over Internet.

I guess I could create two gre tunnels - from em0 to each bnx1, and run
ospf over them. Passive ospf interface carp0 would then make sure to
announce LAN1 over active carp member. I could then protect gre traffic
with transport mode ipsec.

If someone has experience with similar setup please chime in.

Best regards,
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/