On Saturday, January 21, 2006 2:16 PM the <whatever> calling itself
J Moore wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 05:42:08PM +0800, the unit calling itself
> Lars Hansson wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 03:30:34 -0600
>
> > > Get a bigger H/D... 40 GB is about the smallest you can buy
> today; 4 GB
> > > drives have not been made in years.
> >
> > Why? 4Gb is more than enough for trying out OpenBSD.
>
> Why? What's the point of learning how to do anything on marginal,
> nearly-antique hardware? What is lost by using a reasonably sized,
> current piece of hardware? He asked for advice & I think that's the
> best course of action.
>
> What a stupid question, Lars!
>
> Jay

Lots of fsck time and an unbootable system if I understand this stuff.
Disk space outside the filesystems does not need to be checked.
Disk space you do not have does not need to be checked.
In fact if coming up fast from a power fail is the objective,
4G seems like way too much.