On 07/13/2017 04:50 PM, if...@airmail.cc wrote:
Hi,
I have recently read about WireGuard Protocol and it seems really
interesting. Here's a description (from wireguard.io):

So, my question is:
- Will it supersede IPsec, in your opinion?
- Why should someone use OpenIKED instead of WireGuard
(if it will be ported to OpenBSD)?
- There's any plan for a future implementation of the protocol,
using the best security practices of OpenBSD team? I'm mainly
concerned about privsep here (pledge) and correctness. It doesn't
matter if the protocol has a formal verification if it's
implementation is bad.

I would be interested to know Reyk's thoughts.
Here's what he wrote about Tinc in April:
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=149328601710376&w=2

Same questions and thoughts apply to wireguard.

Regards.