Hi Radoslav,

Radoslav Mirza wrote on Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 01:21:44PM +0930:

> Are there any resources that point to where I can begin to help
> with the project?

We don't maintain any global TODO lists, it's too little benefit
for too much work.

> Such as junior jobs, documentation etc.

The quality of OpenBSD documentation implies that finding bugs in
documentation is not much easier than finding bugs in code.  We do
not consider documentation a junior job, but something to be done
together with the code, by the developers who write the code.

I am aware of a number of documentation tasks, but all of them are
seriously difficult: For example, improving event(3), improving
sysctl(3), documenting undocumented functions in LibreSSL, cleaning
up LibreSSL manual pages in general, and figuring out how to fix
OpenGL documentation.

That said, there happens to be a TODO list for documentation tools,
as opposed to documentation tasks:

  http://mandoc.bsd.lv/cgi-bin/cvsweb/TODO?rev=HEAD

Most entries on that list are of high difficulty, but a few are easy.

The most important qualification round here is the ability to
find out what you are interested in, what you are capable of,
to identify tasks *yourself* that you want to spend time on
and are capable of making progress with.  Nobody can tell you
what that is.  Very many different areas could benefit from work.

And after that, the next most important qualification is being able
to learn from doing, from reading code, from listening to advice,
and from following ongoing discussions (in about that order).

> plan to head down the networking path

Fine, so watch your own networking needs (or the networking needs
that come up in the context of your research & studies), use OpenBSD
for them, identify bug or feature gaps, try to fix them, send patches
if you succeed, or ask *specific* questions for advice if you get
stuck on a problem and can't make progress.  In particular at first,
avoid spending long times (more than a few days) on a problem before
talking to somebody about the (even preliminary) results, because
spending weeks, then finding out that the basic approach was misguided,
is frustrating.

Yours,
  Ingo