On 2017/08/10 20:18, Walter Alejandro Iglesias wrote:
> In article <e2a8ebd4dc750...@server.roquesor.com> you wrote:
> > Hi Stuart,

> > > You can't expect to reliably deliver email unless you have a PTR record
> > > and
> > > an A/AAAA record (at least within the same domain, though in some cases
> > > the full hostname needs to match).
> > >

> > At this point things got a bit confusing.  First of all I don't run my
> > own DNS server, I use the free dns service from the registrar company
> > where I bought my domain names.  There I configured the records I need
> > for the web and mail servers I run at home.  Then, asking my ISP to add
> > a PTR record on *their* DNS was the first thing I did when I contracted
> > the service, and was the first thing I checked again last weekend after
> > the problem I explain in this thread happened.  Despite the negative
> > results the website someone recommended me shows (dnsinspect.com) I
> > think my PTR is working well, you can use host(1), dig(1) or nslookup(1)
> > to check my IP (185.37.212.61) against yours or any public DNS to
> > corroborate it.  Or simply put the IP in your browser URL bar, press
> > ENTER and see if it resolves to my web site. :-)
> >
> > Stated the above, now the new question.  By A/AAAA records I understand
> > you mean the records on *my* side (not my ISP's), don't you?  Well,
> > since I'm not using ipv6 I didn't added any AAAA record.  Do you
> > recommend me to add it, anyways?
> >

> Sorry, I think I didn't formulate the question well.  What I meant was,
> do I need also a static ipv6 to be considered by big smtp servers as a
> legal sender?

Rephrasing: if you make an outgoing SMTP connection, a reverse DNS PTR
record should exist for the source address you're connecting from (whether
that's v4 or v6), and an A (for v4) or AAAA (for v6) lookup for the name
in that PTR should give back the same address.

For your example:

185.37.212.61 -> server.roquesor.com
server.roquesor.com -> 185.37.212.61

That looks good.

If you are making outgoing SMTP connections from a v6 address, then you
should have matching PTR+AAAA as well.