> >> I understand that -stable is not place for the latest packages available
> >> and it's expected to be rock solid, but also secure.
> The thing is that mentioned packages are already updated in MAIN.

Twice the work == twice the work.

> I'm curious how looks the process of merging package updates that
> contains security fixes.

Doing the work twice, unfortunately, means putting something else aside
and not doing it.  You mention two pieces of software.

Whoever handles them -stable is taking time away from work on other
software in -current.

> > Well the options are: Get involved and do the work, or watch.
> How can I help in case when updated package is already in -current?

Unfortunately, you cannot really help.

We don't know how to scale groups of people to do the same work twice.
Also as any group gets larger, other frictions and inefficiencies show
up.

Instead, the various cadence mismatches are handled best-effort by
doing releases twice a year, and ensuring that the tree always builds
and produces -current.

That is our way.  I think it is a good decision.

In the meantime you have the source code, don't you?  So you can
handle it for yourself.