On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 09:24:55AM +0000, Christoph Leser wrote:
> I read in an 2013 paper by Reyk Floeter about openIKED
> (https://www.openbsd.org/papers/openiked-asiabsdcon2013.pdf)
>
> "The design intends to allow operation of both protocol versions on the same
> host"
>
> but
>
> "The unprivileged IKEv1 process is currently an empty stub"
>
> Does this mean that I cannot have both IKEv1 and IKEv2 on a single openBSD
> machine?

AFAIK an underlying problem is that iked(4) and isakmpd(4) cannot
share the in-kernel SA DB.

> Is there any way to run iked and isakmpd on the same machine ( maybe with the
> help of
> pf to redirect ike2 hosts to a non default port )?

I haven't tried this myself but if you are constrained to one _physical_
machine, you could run another virtual machine in vmm(4) to serve one
of the two IKE protocols.

I suspect you'll want two separate IP addresses in any case, though.
Keeps things simple.