Philippe,

> When I try to install Alpine Linux, I can't even see the first step of
> the installer.

What command and arguments are you using to start the Alpine vm and
which Alpine version are you using? You should at least get the
"boot:" prompt via syslinux when attached via the serial console. I've
spent a lot of time installing and using Alpine lately so I might be
of some help. (Also, you might want to start with the "virt" iso from
Alpine as it's pre-configured to use the serial console at boot.)

> The only elements I have in the /var/log/daemon file are:
>
> Sep 17 15:49:59 vache vmd[69998]: SIOCBRDGADD: No such file or directory

What arguments are you using to start the vm and what do you have
defined in vm.conf? This looks to be a failure to add a network device
to the bridge that vmd configures.

> How to make this easier to debug? Where can I find useful information?

You can increase verbosity by setting the flag "-v" on vmd via rcctl,
or running vmd interactively using "-d" along with one or more "-v".
See the vmd(8) man page. I believe you can also set verbosity via
`vmctl log verbose` but I've never done that at runtime.

-Dave