Hello Folks !!

Regarding GENERIC.MP #115

I have a feeling you are about to roll into 6.2, however I just want to bring the following to your attention in case it matters.

I just did a clean install of -current using the bsd.rd dated 2017-09-27. Within the install sequence of questions, the default download path has been hardcoded to ../6.2/... as opposed to ../snapshots/..

I manually changed it to ../snapshots/ and it installed as expected. Also, after login, pkg_add is very determined to use to the same ../6.2/.. directory path. For the benefit of others who might find themselves in the same spot, the workaround is to use the full path while using pkg_add. In my case, it is:

$ doas pkg_add \ https://ftp3.usa.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/pkgname

---

It looks like another great release is around the corner and as always I want to take the opportunity to thank Theo for his dedicated leadership and to all the past and present devs who make OpenBSD so special. Cheers !!!