Hi,

Am 05.10.2017 um 10:11 schrieb Michael Hekeler:
And 2nd question would be how to give the user a way to implement
something like it on there own? I was thinking of a simply standard
include in the server definition but this might mess things up

if you need directory specific and user define-able override files like
those .htaccess then why not use Apache?

I don't need them I have them on a older system were apache 1.3 was the standard webserver for openbsd still. So I simply want to migrate the content to a system with a new standard webserver httpd.

Don´t get me wrong: I don´t want to vote for Apache but I think it´s
better to use "Tool X" when you need the features of "Tool X"
than to bend "Tool Y" that it acts like "Tool X" ;-)

I understand :)

To your 1st question:
    location "/filename" { block }

so this would mean if I have 20 files spread over 10 directories I need for all of them a location statement to block or otherwise auth befor someone could access it?

Regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT