Spruell, Darren-Perot skrev:
From: Joachim Schipper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Our situation is that we have a user account that multiple
people have
access to log into to retrieve files. Each user
authenticates to that
account with their own SSH key. Current log entry shows:

Jan 24 11:01:20 sftp sshd[23555]: Accepted publickey for
transfers from
10.2.58.44 port 1420 ssh2

Would be useful to have information logged for the
connection identifying
the key used to authenticate, by the key comment if
possible. Does sshd
already have this capability? Would anyone consider this a
useful feature
addition?
Only if you can provide a good reason this can not be implemented as a
couple of users and a shared group, combined with a group-writable
directory.

We require that the users be chroot'd to the home directory, so we'd
probably have to break the chroot to have a commonly writable directory...?

sharing user accounts should be avoided if possible. i can't see why your situation would demand parting with good practices, if there aren't more particularities that you have left out.

tips:

* use permissions and directory structuring creatively.
* you don't have to chroot all the way to the actual homedir.
* users don't even have to have separate homedirs.
* contenmplate what user privileges don't mix with chrooting.
* test, test, test.