On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 12:49 AM, Luke Small <lukensm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If that's true, then why has Theo been  speaking of the brop problems,
> when they begin with an incremental canary discovery that becomes all but
> impossible to guess when it becomes a random 4 byte datum each time rather
> than a datum that remains the same each restart?

Because we are creatively optimistic pessimists: we can imagine
possibilities for how other might be able to get around our defenses.
Please watch review the presentation and read the source!

> Braille should already be impossible to run on such a system, unless maybe
> a restart was not the result of an exec.

The word "should" indicates that you are not certain.  How would you go
about proving it?  What would you do if you couldn't?

Philip Guenther