Hi,

I got these messages with the new 6.2 cyrus imapd:

Oct 14 11:03:26 mercury imaps[55561]: client id sessionid=<CENSOR>:
"name" "Thunderbird" "version" "52.2.1"
Oct 14 11:03:26 mercury imaps[55561]: Fatal error: Internal error:
assertion failed: imap/message.c: 4286: !message_need(m, M_RECORD)
Oct 14 11:03:26 mercury master[70566]: process type:SERVICE name:imaps
path:/usr/local/cyrus/libexec/imapd age:0.542s pid:55561 exited, status 75

I didnt know what to do with this, so I ran "reconstruct -O -V max" as
_cyrus user, but that had the same failure in an assert failure.

So I decided to downgrade after upgrading to a new version wasn't
possible.  I put the 6.1 /usr/ports/mail/cyrus_imapd in the 6.2 tree
(after backign up the 6.2 cyrus_imapd) and made install after
pkg_delete'ing the 6.2 cyrus_imapd.  It worked I, I made sure that that
I ran the reconstruct again and it did mention there was a diff version
and probably fixed it.  Either way I have my important mail running
again and wanted to share.

If I want to go back to cyrus imapd version 3.x.x what should I look
for?  or wait for?

If anyone has had the same problems perhaps they took greater care than
me to get this going otherwise the downgrade seems to have worked for me.

Cheers,

-peter