On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 17:53:22 +0200
Jan Lambertz <jd.arb...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> after upgrading one of my notebooks to 6.2 release my console
> resolution is only # wsconsctl
> display.type=inteldrm
> display.width=848
> display.height=480
> display.depth=32

Have you had a look at your dmesg output? I should have taken a closer
look at that myself. Sorry about that.

inteldrm0: msi
inteldrm0: 848x480, 32bpp
wsdisplay0 at inteldrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
"Intel GM45 Video" rev 0x07 at pci0 dev 2 function 1 not configured

The Intel DRM driver itself is reporting a max resolution of 848x480 at
boot time. Did you take any notes on what changes you made while
upgrading this laptop to 6.2-RELEASE? They might prove interesting.

--
Matthew Graybosch
https://matthewgraybosch.com

"If you didn't want me to say 'both', you should have used XOR."