On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Michael Favinsky wrote:

Dear misc:

I'm attempting to use (EMC) Legato Networker to backup one of my OpenBSD
boxes. Since there's no OpenBSD binary, and Networker isn't open source, I'm

There is an openbsd client.  We're using it (nwclient-6.0.2-openbsd-i386.tgz).
I'm going to ask around to find out how we got it.  Apparently it's not
supported but works fine.

-rick

using the Linux binary uner Linux emulation. The binary executes fine, and
the OpenBSD box and Legato server are communicating perfectly. Backups work,
but with one major problem:

Legato backs up files by crawling the file system, starting at / going into
each directory and backing up files as it finds them. The problem that I'm
having is that, under linux emulation, the emulator first checks to see if a
file/directory exists under /emul/linux. So, when the backup software tries
to back up /var, it ends up backing up /emul/linux/var, and my actual /var
never gets backed up. I have the same problem in /usr, and so on.

Is there some method/way around this problem? How can I make my Linux binary
back up the actual /var rather than /emul/linux/var?

Thanks for the help.

Michael