Hi,

as far as I understud the whole thing

Am 20.10.2017 um 15:09 schrieb Michael Hekeler:

pass on hvn0 inet proto icmp all icmp-type echoreq

just to be curious: what is the effect of "on" in your rules "pass on ..."
As to pf.conf(5) there are only "in" or "out"

this should allow traffic in and out on a given nic but I might be wrong here. This is basically a training exercise for me so I dont do to much harm if some rules don't work right away as expected.

and this rule is valid even it if its not working as expected but after I activated it I could ping from the host and to the host. Without the rule I couldn't. On a host with just one nic it might be redundant but if you have more the one nic this might be a valid choice.

regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT