> being critical of decisions made

>  You don't get to make the decisions, since you aren't doing the work

I can do the work. As a matter of fact, I build my servers from scratch, from
the firmware all the way up to the automatic configuration of clients. It is
hell, but I get what I need, and nothing more.

Since I speak out of experience, I know well that cups dependency on avahi is
noth a needless burden and a security hazard.

The openbsd decision to make cups package dependent from avahi is opaque. Where
can we read this decision? What is the evidence that supported it? Is this
evidence still relevant? Why, oh why, the package maintainer(s) of cups resist
the opportunity to make their own burden less heavy by removing needless parts?
Are they on avahi's payroll?

RG

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile